Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Garlic Cheese Bread


S0.... I pinky promise that I am going to update my blog. ASAP. At least as soon as I am done with this crazy week. In the meantime make this super yummy bread. Oh... I could eat the entire loaf.... and then I would have to spent the nest eternity at the gym. :) But it is so worth it. I wasn't planning on bloggin about it until I made it and ate.... fresh bread with cheese and garlick. What could be better???? So, I only have a few pics of the actual finished bread. But.... if you wan't the recipe with photos and step by step instructions like mine just click here and it will take you to the original recipe. I only made 1/2 a loaf so I used only 1/2 of all the ingredients. I also used sourdough bread (b/c it is what I had and my husband's favorite). The choice is yours. Either way, you won't regret it. Also, I made soup (Borscht) to be specific that nigjt and the bread accompanied it so well. Also.... let me know what you think.... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Garlic Cheese Bread
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks



You will need:
3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cups Mozarella Cheese,
Grated1/2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cups Shredded Parmesean Cheese
½ cups (real) Mayonnaise
4 whole Green Onions (scallions), White And Light Green Parts Minced
1 dash Salt
1 loaf Crusty French or Sourdough Bread
1 stick Butter
4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
Pepper to taste




1. Mix cheeses with the mayonnaise and the green onions.
2. Add dash of salt to taste and set aside or keep in fridge until you need it.
3. When you’re ready to make the bread, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
4. Split the loaf in half lengthwise.
5. Then cut each half….in half! (across)
6. Also, just to make it easy, divide the garlic into four small piles. (Or mince each clove of garlic seperately)
7.For each fourth, melt 1/4 stick (2 tablespoons) butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add in 1/4 of your garlic.
8. Place one of the four pieces of bread face down on the garlic butter. Swirl it around so the butter will soak into the bread and the garlic will press into the surface.
9.Repeat with each piece of bread, adding another 2 tablespoons of butter and more minced garlic with each piece.

*Important: be sure to remove all traces of garlic from the pan before adding the next round or you’ll have a bunch of tiny charred garlic pieces in the pan.

You want the surface to have begun to get a little crispy and golden. But you have to watch it, too! Don’t let the garlic burn and turn black. Delicate balance. If the garlic seems to be turning brown too quickly (stove heat and the pan you use can vary the results), just discard the garlic before you soak the bread in the butter—it’ll still have a strong garlic flavor!

By the way, you can omit the garlic from this recipe if you don’t tolerate it well.

10. When all the pieces are toasted, spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture on each piece.

11. Then just pop the pan into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly!




No comments :

Post a Comment